Sunday, September 05, 2010

CAULIFLOWER RISOTTO

Today I am going to make cauliflower risotto for friend I. She spends every minute of the day and night taking care of her terminally ill husband with all the love and strength she has. I can only admirer her for who she is and how she copes. As a friend there is not much I can do, but be there for her when she needs me, write cards, send text's, call, and cook. With a group of friends we set up a 'meals on wheels' schedule and Sunday's are mine. I bought a huge cauliflower the other day and have been looking forward to cooking (and eating!) this risotto since. I never cooked this dish myself yet, and as Mr. took the recipe book (Jamie's Italy) to the US, I gave it a try online and there it was: 'Risotto ai Cavolfiori'. Turns out Jamie Oliver has put many recipes on his website. That's good news:  I have been cooking his recipes for years now, and never get bored of them. I also got his app, very handy when in a supermarket not knowing what to cook...

No comments:

Post a Comment