Monday, August 23, 2010

FIRST DAY BACK AT WORK

Today was my first day back at work. I learned that even with only a short 3-hour night following a week of poor sleep, I still function quite well. I have to admit that the absence of the 800 odd students normally running around in the building made things significantly more relaxed. It was a good day for a first day back at work: it rained cats and dogs all day. Stormy winds blew over Anne Frank's chestnut tree.

On the way home I drove by my new house, to get a feel for the new commute starting in a few weeks. Something small as taking a different exit feels relieving...., because it is different and, I guess, symbolizes a fundamental change in my life. This new perspective on the town I lived in for 14 years excites me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment